World League Of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English not your first language?

Go down

English not your first language? Empty English not your first language?

Post by TK Kenta Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:22 pm

*From other efed mate, Thaddeus Rex.

Okay, so do you have problems with English specifically grammar?

Well using a spell and grammar check could help but these are not perfect.  So here are a few pointers to help you mask your bad English.

1.)  K.I.S.S. - Keep it short and simple!  That's right, if you already have problems articulating what you want to say, don't do long role-plays.  The shorter your rps, the less mistakes you make, as long as you get your point across.

2.)  Play a foreign character!  You can play a character that already have problems talking in English.  For example, "Pardon me bad English, I was no born in America."  You can get away with bad grammar, bad sentence structure with it.    If English is not really your first language then it would be better if you play a character from your nationality, just speak in your native tongue and insert the important parts in English.

3.)  Find someone who can play a manager role for your character.  Let someone who can do most of the talking and just do simple replies and rps. Or even better, play a monster who speak only with grunts. The manager will talk, and you can grunt.

4.)  Proofread your role-play!  That's right re-read it again, ideally after some time has past, there is an edit button so you can edit your rps.  

Hope that helps, I'll add more stuff if I think of anything.
TK Kenta
TK Kenta
Admin

Wrestler Sheet
Wrestler Stats:

https://wlwrestling.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum